The SC4 Foundation Red Carpet Affair on Saturday, Nov. 3, broke the previous year’s record for attendance. A total of 331 people attended the formal gala, which raised $42,577 to benefit St. Clair County Community College. Of the total raised, $5,670 will go toward visual and performing arts student scholarships and $36,907 will go toward expansion of the college’s Natural Science Museum. Scholarships and the museum expansion are projects for the college and foundation’s “All Aboard: Campaign for Talent, Technology and Tomorrow” fundraising campaign. Of the Red Carpet Affair’s proceeds, $2,645 was raised by three local singers as part of the gala’s competition. Red Carpet Affair attendees were asked to “vote” for their favorite singer by filling out a donation pledge card. The winning performer, raising the most money, was singer Ally Evenson of Fort Gratiot, sponsored by Lawrence Jewelers. Evenson’s talent agents were her parents, Ty and Janine Evenson.
Other performers were:
- Emily Daum of Wales Township, sponsored by Mosher’s Jewelers. Daum’s talent agent was John D. Adair, chair of the SC4 Board of Trustees.
- Kaylee Kean of Emmett Township, sponsored by Alexander Fine Jewelers. Kean’s talent agent was David Goetze, SC4 director of college advancement and alumni relations.
A drawing featured three jewelry prizes donated by Alexander Fine Jewelers, Lawrence Jewelers and Mosher’s Jewelers. The jewelry drawing raised $2,905.
Guests dined on specialty food items donated by 20 area restaurants and danced to music provided by the Charlie Stephens Band in SC4’s College Center. Wolverine Market of Port Huron provided a complimentary welcome beverage and Vintage Tavern of Port Huron provided the event’s signature cocktail. Christopher’s Flowers of Port Huron provided décor coordination, and the SC4 Athletic Department provided valet parking. Men’s formal wear for doormen was provided by Men’s Wearhouse of Fort Gratiot.
The following restaurants donated specialty food:
- Alexander’s Premier Banquet Facility/Restaurant of Marysville
- Backstreet Deli of Port Huron
- Bistro Catering of Port Huron
- Black River Country Club of Port Huron Township
- Bogey’s Bar and Grill of Fort Gratiot
- Cake Pops and More … of Fort Gratiot
- Casey’s Pizza & Subs of Port Huron
- Cheap Charlie’s Restaurant of Fort Gratiot
- Chef Mike’s Catering of Port Huron
- Chef Shell’s Catering and Roadside Café of Port Huron
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store of Port Huron Township
- Daybreak Café of Port Huron
- Fuel Woodfire Grill of Port Huron
- Great Bakes Station of Port Huron
- Jimmy John’s of Fort Gratiot
- Pompeii’s Pizzeria and Italian Eatery of Port Huron
- Quay Street Brewing Co. of Port Huron
- Raven Café of Port Huron
- Tony’s Food Paradise of Port Huron
- Vintage Tavern of Port Huron
To view an album of event photos and a video, visit www.sc4.edu/redcarpet.