If not for the actions of a man heading to a class, more than a home could have been lost in a fire yesterday morning. Tyler Brady, a 21 year old from Algonac, was driving northbound on M-29 shortly after 6:30. He saw what he thought was a lot of smoke coming from a chimney in the area of Francis Street. As he continued, he thought it just didn’t look right and turned his car around. When he arrived at the residence at 5862 North River Road, he discovered the house was on fire and there was heavy smoke coming from the northeast part of the home. He began to pound on the door and tried to get inside, but the door had a deadbolt lock. He then ran to a pair of homes neighboring the house on fire, knocked, but got no response. He ran back to the home that was ablaze and found a sliding door that was unlocked. A neighbor, Katie Hill, came up to him and said there was an elderly wheelchair bound woman in the home, as well as a 20 year old woman and her infant child, who lived upstairs. Hill also called 911. Brady and Hill went into the smoke filled house, where Brady was able to locate the elderly woman, who was sleeping in her bed. He was able to get her into her wheelchair and took her to the entrance of the sliding door. Hill was able to locate the other woman, who was also sleeping. The woman ran upstairs and got here baby. They were both able to get out without injury. Deputy Rachelle Baysinger arrived at the house and was able to help Brady get the woman in the wheelchair through the door and to safety. She was uninjured. Marine City Fire Department arrived a short time later and extinguished the fire. Marine City Police and Tri-Hospital EMS also assisted at the scene of the blaze.