St. Clair County Community College is inviting the community to a three-day Homecoming and 90th Anniversary Celebration in conjunction with Boat Week’s Blue Water Fest. The event will feature art, entertainment and food on SC4’s Greenway in downtown Port Huron onJuly 18, 19 and 20, beginning at 2 p.m. each day. Artists will display and sell work at a fine arts fair from 2 to 9 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday. There also will be food vendors and a beer/wine tent throughout the event. The anniversary celebration is sponsored by SC4, the SC4 Alumni Association and the SC4 Foundation. For a complete schedule of events, visit www.sc4.edu/90th.
Thursday, July 18 – Family Night on the Greenway
- 3 to 7 p.m. – Youth activities from Operation Transformation, including inflatables, face painting and youth games; chalk artists.
- 5 to 7 p.m. – Appearance by SC4 mascot Skip and other university mascots, including Michigan State University mascot Sparty.
- 7 to 11 p.m. – Concert by duo Mike and Jerry with special appearance by Karen Newman, voice of the Detroit Red Wings; SC4 Alumni Photo Booth.
Friday, July 19
- 2 to 5:30 p.m. – Variety show featuring four musical groups; professional skateboarder “G” Vallie.
- 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. – Twilight Concert Series with SC4 Symphonic Band.
- 7 to 9 p.m. – Concert by Christian Howes, jazz violinist.
Saturday, July 20
- Noon to 2 p.m. – SC4 Community Talent Competition.
- 1:45 p.m. – Bench dedication by SC4 retirees.
- 2 to 9 p.m. – Jazz on the River in cooperation with Blue Water Jazz Society and the Community Foundation of St. Clair County.