EEO Public File Report June 1, 2012 – June 1, 2013
This Station is an equal opportunity employer and, under its current owner/owners, is following a consistent practice of outreach to its community and work force regarding broadcast career and job opportunities. As of March 10, 2003, the effective date of the FCC’s new EEO rules, this Station has been continuously working to update and expand its mailing lists of organizations wishing to receive notices of their job openings. In addition, the station is planning to recruit widely for any job openings at the Station by posting information about future opportunities with a variety of media and other organizations, including but not limited to the organizations that have requested to be on its expanded mailing list. Finally, the station engages in a variety of long-term recruitment initiatives to better educate the public about careers in broadcasting and better prepare interested students and others to enter or advance in such careers.
During the period of June 1, 2012 to June 1, 2013, there were no employee vacancies at WGRT.
During the period of June 1, 2012 to June 1, 2013, the following activities were completed which achieve EEO compliance for the above time period:
- Five Tiger Cub scouts (Pack 246) from St. Clair and five parents toured WGRT and learned about careers in radio on January 3, 2013.
- Eight Tiger Cub scouts (Pack 171) and four parents toured WGRT and learned about careers in radio on January 16, 2013.
- Ten students from Thomas Edison Elementary School met with a News Director Cathie Martin and discussed careers in radio on January 30, 2013.
- Participated in Career Day at Central Middle School to 110 students on April 25, 2013. Cathie Martin did six presentations on careers in radio.
- Offered a Broadcast Scholarship to Broadcast Students at SC4 in the amount of $250 each semester.
- Provided a website link to a “Careers in Radio Broadcasting Brochure” for people interested in careers in broadcasting.
In addition, WGRT is airing an announcement requesting community groups to notify us if they want to be on our mailing list for information about job openings we may have. WGRT has a website at which prospective employees may fill out a pre-employment application to email WGRT. We are also associated with the MAB and can post job listings with their Job Bank/Career Page. We have a list of recruitment sources available as well.
As a result of outreach efforts during the period of June 1, 2012 to June 1, 2013, we received three resumes or pre-employment applications.