Peru Village Fire - All Rescued
December 5th, 2012
The Port Huron Fire Department was dispatched for a fire alarm at 702 Erie St. in Peru Village in downtown Port Huron. On scene Firefighters found heavy smoke in a first floor hallway and we had multiple reports of trapped individuals inside several apartments. The fire was located inside an apartment and quickly extinguished and contained by the buildings fire suppression system. Two occupants were rescued from an adjoining apartment, with one person transported to Port Huron Hospital for suspected smoke inhalation. The apartment of origin sustained heavy damage, with smoke damage noted throughout the building wing. Assistance was received by Marysville FD, Port Huron Twp FD, Tri-Hospital EMS and The American Red Cross.