Child Causes Fire With Lighter
March 7th, 2012
Port Huron Fire Department were called to fire believed to have been caused by a child playing with a lighter. The blaze occurred at Dulhut Apartments about 5:40 p.m. Tuesday at 3011 26th Street in Port Huron. Firefighters from Port Huron and Marysville responded to the city housing complex at the corner of 26th and Nern streets. Officials say the fire was contained to an upper bedroom in the apartment unit, where the child had been playing with a lighter that ignited a mattress. The second floor of the building received heavy smoke damage – a woman three children escaped without injury.