Twilight Concert Series To Begin Saturday
May 16th, 2012
St. Clair County Community College will open its six-performance free Twilight Concert Series at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, May 19, with a show by the SC4 Jazz Band at the Thomas Edison Inn in Port Huron. Returning this year in July will be the Big Band & Windorchestra of the Angelaschule from Osnabruck, Germany. (Note: A German big band is a jazz band. A windorchestra is a symphony band. The translation for Angelaschule is Angela School.) The German bands together comprise about 60 members, mostly of high school age, directed by Ekkehard Sauer. The bands first played the Twilight Concert Series in 2009. Remaining concerts in the 34th annual series are:
- Noon Monday, May 28 (Memorial Day) — SC4 Symphonic Band at Port Sanilac Harbor Park.
- 7 p.m. Saturday, June 23 — SC4 Symphonic Band in the SC4 Fine Arts Theatre.
- 7 p.m. Saturday, July 14 — SC4 Symphonic Band in the SC4 Fine Arts Theatre.
- 7 p.m. Friday, July 20 — Big Band & Windorchestra of the Angelaschule from Osnabruck, Germany, at the Port Huron Northern High School Performing Arts Center.
- 7 p.m. Saturday, July 28 — SC4 Symphonic Band in the SC4 Fine Arts Theatre.
The Twilight Concert Series features light and popular music. The SC4 bands are conducted by Carl Gippert. St. Clair County Community College and the college’s Friends of the Arts group sponsor the shows, which are free to the public. For more information, call (810) 989-5540 or visit www.sc4.edu/band.